AMSOIL PC Series Synthetic Compressor Oils
Product Code: PCH, PCI, PCJ, PCK, PCL
HE CORRECT MANUFACTURER-RECOMMENDED VISCOSITY GRADE of AMSOIL PC Series compressor oil is recommended for use in rotary screw, rotary vane, reciprocating and other compressor applications. Compatible with PAO-, ester- and petroleum-based compressor oils. They are not compatible with glycol- or silicone-based compressor oils. Consult AMSOIL for further information.
AMSOIL PC Series Synthetic Compressor Oils are longlife, premium compressor lubricants based on novel, proprietary technology. They incorporate the highest quality, thermally-stable PAO synthetics fortified with premium non-detergent, ashless additives for maximum protection at high temperatures and pressures. They last up to eight times longer than petroleum oils, effectively reducing maintenance and waste oil disposal costs.
AMSOIL Synthetic Base Oil Technology
AMSOILs unique formulation of synthetic base oils combine the
advantages of esters and polyalphaolefins (PAO's) into one balanced product. The
high viscosity indices, low pour points, low volatility and prolonged thermal
stability allow for use in a wide operating temperature range. These oils
minimize carbon build-up, provide clean performance and exhibit low frictional
characteristics. This superior formulation has demonstrated increased
operational efficiency, reduced energy consumption and lower operating
AMSOIL Compressor Oil Additives - A Thorough System
for Top Performance
The anti-foam agents stop unwanted foaming and air entrainment. Corrosion
inhibitors prevent rust and corrosion caused by water and process contaminants,
and oxidation inhibitors extend lubricant life and prevent carbon formation. The
PC Series is fortified with ashless, non-detergent additives designed to
increase the length of compressor serviceability.
Stable in the Presence of Water
AMSOIL PC Series exhibit very good hydrolytic stability, and they readily
separate from water. This prevents acid formation and unwanted oil/water
emulsions. These features allow water to be easily drained from the sump and
extends the life of a lubricant.
AMSOIL PC Series Compressor Oils have higher flash, fire and auto-ignition
points than competitive petroleum oils. Also, their resistance to
carbon formation and the ashless additive system minimize the
incidence of deposits acting as ignition-promoting hot spots.
Although AMSOIL PC Series Compressor Oils have high fire points, they cannot
be considered non-flammable.
- Anti-foam, anti-wear protection
- Rust and oxidation inhibited
- Suitable for use in rotary screw, vane, centrifugal and reciprocating
- Combines advantages of ester and PAO technology
- Excellent compatibility with components and other oils
The manufacturer's recommended viscosity grade of AMSOIL PC Series Oils is
recommended for use in single and multi-stage rotary screw, vane, centrifugal
and reciprocating compressor crankcases and cylinders, vacuum pumps and other
compressor applications. In addition, the correct viscosity may be used in light
duty gear and bearing applications, blowers, pumps and hand-held pneumatic
- PC Series Synthetic Compressor Oils are recommended for use in a wide
temperature range, from 20°F above the pour point to 275°F discharge
- The PC Series may be used up to 8000 hours for many compressor
applications.* This drain interval is subject to operating conditions and
maintenance practices. Monitoring by oil analysis at 500-hour intervals is
- PC Oils are compatible with petroleum oils, most synthetic oils,** and
almost all seals, paints and materials commonly used in compressors. It is
suggested that the compressor be thoroughly drained and cleaned if
warranted, and the filter be changed prior to filling with the new
lubricant. Cleaning should be done in accordance with manufacturer's
recommendations. Consult AMSOIL technical department where further
recommendations are needed.
AMSOIL PRODUCT COMPATIBILITY
|• Nitrogen • Hydrogen • Helium • Carbon Monoxide
• Carbon Dioxide (dry) • Ethylene • Methane • Propane
• Butane • Propylene • Butylenes • Natural Gas
• Benzene • Butadiene • Furnace (crack gas)
• Hydrogen Sulfide (dry) • Synthetic Gas
• Sulfur Dioxide.
|• Epoxy • Oil Resistant Alkyd • Acrylic Enamel.
|• Acetal (Delrin) • ABS • Phenolic • Polyamide-imide
• Polyamide (Nylon)
• Polycarbonate (metal covered only)
• Polyester • Polyetherimide (Nylon) • Polyimide
• Polyphenylene oxide • Polystyrene • Polysulfone
• PTFE (Teflon) • Terephthalate.
|• Fluoroelastomer (Viton) • Nitrile (Buna N) • Polyacrylate
• TFE/P • Poly Urethane.
|Note: Not recommended for “breathing air” or refrigeration compressors. Not recommended
for use with polycarbonate plastic that is not metal covered, PVC plastic
and butyl, ethylene-propylene or SBR rubber. PC Series Oils are Not
Compatible with polyalkylene glycol or silicone oils.
AMSOIL PRODUCT AVAILABILITY
AMSOIL PC Series Compressor oils are available in 5-gallon pails, 55-gallon
drums, 275-gallon totes and bulk quantities. For prices on 275-gallon totes
and bulk quantities, contact me by email at
Industrial Pricing, or contact AMSOIL Industrial at 715-392-7101. In any
correspondence with the company, please refer to ordering number 522955.
AMSOIL Industrial Lubricants are stocked in Superior, Wisconsin and in select
regional distribution centers throughout the United States and Canada.
Technical Properties Chart
SYNTHETIC PC SERIES COMPRESSOR OILS
- PCH05-EA (ISO 32, SAE 10W), 5 gallon pail
- PCH55-EA (ISO 32, SAE 10W), 55 gallon drum
- PCH27-EA (ISO 32, SAE 10W), 275 gallon tote
- PCIQT-EA (ISO 46, SAE 20), quart bottle
- PCIQT-CA (ISO 46, SAE 20), (12) quart bottles
- PCI05-EA (ISO 46, SAE 20), 5 gallon pail
- PCI30-EA (ISO 46, SAE 20), 30 gallon drum
- PCI55-EA (ISO 46, SAE 20), 55 gallon drum
- PCI27-EA (ISO 46, SAE 20),275 gallon tote
- PCJ05-EA (ISO 68, SAE 30), 5 gallon pail
- PCJ55-EA (ISO 68, SAE 30), 55 gallon drum
- PCJ27-EA (ISO 68, SAE 30), 275 gallon tote
- PCKQT-EA (ISO 100, SAE 40), quart bottle
- PCKQT-CA (ISO 100, SAE 40), (12) quart bottles
- PCK05-EA (ISO 100, SAE 40), 5 gallon pail
- PCK30-EA (ISO 100, SAE 40), 30 gallon drum
- PCK55-EA (ISO 100, SAE 40), 55 gallon drum
- PCK27-EA (ISO 100, SAE 40), 275 gallon tote
- PCL05-EA (ISO 150, SAE 50), 5 gallon pail
- PCL55-EA (ISO 150, SAE 50), 55 gallon drum
For industrial pricing email me at .
For retail pricing information:
- Go to the ASMOIL On-Line Store through the link above
- Email me at .
- Fax me at: 270-522-0512
If You Prefer To Order by Phone: TOLL FREE: 1-800-956-5695
(See Telephone Order Page).
Customer Ordering Number: 522955
Check here for discount pricing plan.
Figure amount in Canadian Dollars.